Yay – summer is officially here!
As the days are getting hot, we are trying to escape to parks, beaches, campgrounds and be closer to nature (and share/water).
Aside from all summer activities, I love spending time with a great book, so I wanted to share some of my favorites, all wonderful for reading during summer. They are light enough, but smart enough, have great story lines, and both guys and ladies will be able to enjoy them.
- Gone With The Wind
- 100 Year Old Man (Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared)
- The Last Lecture
- Someone Knows My Name
- The Book Of Bright Ideas
- Thorn Birds
- Curious Incident Of The Dog in the Nighttime
- The Hobbit
- The Count Of Monte Cristo (only $0.99 on Kindle!)
- Perfume: The Story of a Murderer (link to a paperback, no Kindle version avail)
- Jonathan Livingston Seagull
- The Old Man And The Sea
- To Kill A Mockingbird (link to a paperback)
- Watership Down
- Anna Karenina (free on Kindle)
- Master And Margarita (link to a paperback)
- Catcher In The Rye (link to a paperback)
- Detective stories by Conan Doyle, Agatha Christie and Boris Akunin
What are your favorite books for summer reading?