My dear friend Daph is having a party tomorrow (happy birthday again Daph!), and she asked for the chicken kebab recipe that we made when we went camping. Everyone just LOVED it, even Ohn who does not like chicken at all. She said herself that it was one time she ever liked chicken. It came out very juicy and not dry at all. Try it out and find out for yourself!
- Soy sauce: 2 tablespoons
- Brown sugar: 1 tablespoon
- Olive oil: 1 tablespoon
- Lemon zest: 1 tablespoon
- Garlic: 2–3 cloves, minced
- Onion (can be red onion or shallot): 1 large, minced
- Ginger: 1 teaspoon, minced or grated
- Ground cumin and/or ground coriander: 1 teaspoon
- 1 pound chicken breast or thigh, cut into bite-size pieces
- Red and yellow bell peppers (1 each), cut in small bite-size pieces
- Red onion (1 or half): cut in bite-size pieces
- Zucchini (1): cut in bite-size pieces
Combine all marinade ingredients in a bowl. Cut the chicken, then mix with marinade and put in a ziploc bag for a few hours. Prepare veggies before grilling. Then put pieces of chicken mixed with veggies on skeweres and grill until ready.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Apple valley girl