And then, there’s the “How I spent my summer” essay that you have to write in school… So how was your summer?
Mine was filled with fun and great times with friends and family – couldn’t wish for a better one! Here’s a recap of all the amazing things that we did:
- Welcomed Max to NYC!
- Went to the Phillies vs Mets baseball game
- Celebrated Ohn’s 25th birthday for the 3rd time by mini-golfing on pier 25 and eating Italian
- Went on a Big Onion food tour with Sean and dad, found some interesting bits of history about LES and all the nationalities that live there
- Had such a great, relaxing bachelorette party with 7 gorgeous ladies in Myrtle Beach, SC
- Successful camping trip with 10 people and a puppy – first time for many, hooray!
- Saw Aziz Ansari’s hilarious “Buried Alive” show in Atlantic City and ran into a hot bachelor party
- Spent 4th of July in NYC, at a house party with amazing views of the harbor and Lady Liberty
- Heard lots of fun stories from Sean’s bachelor trip to Iceland (they managed to get 15 guys together – very impressive)
- Planned and pulled off Sean’s surprise birthday at Beekman beer garden
- Proved that close to home can be so fun – planned a surprise weekend trip to Providence, Rhode Island, with a visit to Newport mansions
- Spent lots of time on the beach
- Attended Sandy and Ryan’s beautiful wedding in Liberty State park
- Went to Mohonk for the weekend, one of my favorite places with my favorite people! Swam across the lake 3 times, did yoga, ate plenty and healthy, saw a real hummingbird and a baby deer and found a hidden Monet garden
- Celebrated our anniversary!
- Did Max’s birthday right with tons of Uzbek food and my home made cake
- Went surfing – un-frigging-believable, awesomest experience!!!!!!!
- Caught outdoor movies in Brooklyn bridge park: saw “Clueless” – last movie of this summer on a perfect night
- Saw the real Saturn through a real telescope (courtesy of NY Astronomers) at Brooklyn bridge park
- De-cluttered, cleaned and simplified the apartment, donated no longer used items to Salvation army
- Enjoyed Labor day weekend with family in Wildwood, NJ – budget-friendly fun, thrill rides and waterparks, drove a Fiat Cinquecento Convertible – yeah!
Career-wise, it’s been busy and super fun too:
- Learned node.js and mongo, built a few apps, including a neat Twitter-API-talking insights app
- Attended a few NY Tech meetups, source of inspiration in NY tech community
- Lead 3 Show&Tell demos, prepared a demo for two of them myself and invited the awesome Mongo folks to speak to our tech group, thanks Sarah and Asya!)
- Took Skillshare classes on productivity, SASS/HAML and responsive design
- Started to write more
- Re-did my site in one afternoon
- Read a bunch
- Got featured on the LYJ blog – thank you Suzanne!
Hope you too had an amazing summer! Now let’s get excited for a beautiful autumn: gorgeous weather, new fashion (much prefer layered looks to all the skimpy stuff), Oktoberfest, apple picking, Halloween… bring it on!